Harv

Default Removing glued down vinyl flooring from concrete?

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
The previous owner of my house glued down the vinyl floor coverings in a
small toilet and the utility room. They are well stuck, albeit with
ripples in places. I want to remove this and have the floors, which are
concrete and in excellent condition ready for ceramic tiling. Any tips
please? Thanks.

Once you've got the vinyl up (I cut it into 2' strips with a stanley knife
and then peeled) you'll be left with a nice sticky rubbery residue.

The best way I found to deal with this was with a scraper from screwfix,
which takes replaceable blades, cost about £5 and new blades £3 for 10.
Maybe their floor scraper would be easire, but since my kitchen was very
small the hand one was perfect for the job.

Good luck!

Harv