Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What do I really need to cut trim?

Hi,

I would like to install a few stationary panes of glass myself and I'm
dissatisfied with the selections of trim that I find at Home Depot or
Lowes.

What do I need to cut my own window trim?
Would an inexpensive router table be sufficient or would I also need a
planer?
Is there such a thing as a cheap nail gun? I saw an electric version at
HD for $70.
Finally, the panes that I will install first are quite high at 70
inches. What tool do I use to make sure that I'm installing the trim
perfectly straight and that the glass will fit tightly against it?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude