Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Learning to do texture stucco

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:14:02 -0400, "Apropos"
wrote:

Where can I learn how to apply texutred stucco? The kind which is common in
FL and CA homes which is apparently created by smearing "blobs" of stucco
finish.

I tried a little of this and it didn't work out at all like I would hope.
The blobs all got smeared together and had very rough edges.

What I'd like to do is *SEE* what the blobs are supposed to look like. How
big and how close together. To have some info on the consistency of the mix
and what motion to do with the trowel. If I had *SOME* idea what this
looked like I could figure out how it would work.

Any websites you know would be of help. The more pics the better.

I hired a stucco guy for our patio cover; three columns, ceiling and
patches around the header. It was put on in three passes. The first
being heavy (day one), a second to smooth out missed spots and even
the first coat (day two). The third coat is when the texture began to
blend in with the existing stucco on the house.

This approach helped prevent cracks, etc. The final coat included a
"glue / fiber material" mixed into the stucco to give strength.

Do not try to do an all inclusive job in just one day.

Good luck,

Oren