Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

Default electical conduit

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 21:38:55 -0500, "Randy Cox"
wrote:

Personally, I like the smurf tube if your not going to install conduit as a
complete system. I had ancient cloth covered Romex in my old house. I
replaced it with new Romex. I wished I'd left it alone. The squirrels love
the outer sheath of the new Romex. They eat it. Now when I shine a
flashlight in my attic I get these little reflections bouncing back at me.
Some are squirrel eyes and some are bare spots in the Romex.

That's nothing.

My main gripe is gophers and direct-buried UF cable.

Consider this scenario:
AWG 2-0 aluminum, to a 200A subpanel, in a building
about 100 yards away. UF, direct buried. Gopher city.
What a pain in the @$$. Too cheap to bury conduit?
You'll make up for it in labor costs a couple of years
down the road.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info