Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default TV shows stripes/lines at the top of the screen

"Electromotive Guru" wrote in
message reenews.net...
Arfa Dailywrote:

Now you may think that is ok, but I think that
if those of us who are properly qualified, and whose collective

wisdom
exceeds yours by many times, were to recommend that he continued to

poke
around inside an item of equipment that REALLY COULD KILL OR

SERIOUSLY
INJURE him, this would be irresponsible, rather than helpful.

Kiddo, you don't even know what and how many fields I am skilled and
trained in, nor to what degree, so don't profess yourself to be some
sort of ultimate guru. Secondly I was not encouraging someone to take
a risk beyond their capability. All I had said that people could have
been more polite in their responses.

I've been around prolly more than you and live anything but a
sheltered internet life. Get over yourself and just try to be more
civil. That is all I was saying, if you had managed to read a little
more thoroughly.....

And if you understood English a little better, you would realise that I was
not professing myself to be some kind of ultimate guru. " Those of *us* " is
plural. " Collective " means all together.

So what I was saying was that if you take the 20 or so professional
electronic engineers, who are properly qualified in this field, and who
regularly offer help to people on here, assume them arbitrarily to have each
been at it for 20 years, that gives a " collective wisdom " in the subject,
of some 400 years. Now unless you are planning to defy nature in some way,
and get to age 400, you are never going to get to that level on your own.

It is true that I do not know how many fields you are trained and skilled
in, but by your own admission, although you consider yourself to be some
kind of expert in this field, you are not properly trained, having learnt
what you do know by whatever method you have for self teaching. I don't care
if you took a postal degree in it, and became Dr Fixit, unless you have had
proper practical training in the subject, and most importantly, its safety
angles, by someone properly qualified himself, I don't consider you to be
sufficiently trained or skilled in the subject, to offer advice about
potentially dangerous work to the electronically naiive. You are completely
at odds with those of us on here who are qualified, when you claim to be
able to do so.

You may not think that you were encouraging someone to take a risk beyond
their capability, and perhaps ultimately, you weren't, but from the
statements that the OP originally made, it appeared to the rest of us that
he was not sufficiently savvy in the subject to prevent him possibly being a
danger to himself. Others, definitely not capable, may read your rubbishing
of our posts, and actually believe you. I don't know how much you actually
know about switch mode power supplies, but they really are potentially VERY
dangerous in unskilled hands.

I did actually agree that some of the responses had been less than polite,
( my post of the 13th, above ) but disputed that anyone had been " flamed ",
and I still dispute that, and I stand by what I said, that if you think that
is flaming, you have never seen it in reality. Try looking up one Mr Andre
Jute, a self proclaimed audio expert. You will find many posts of his on
Usenet. Now that guy has flaming down to a fine art.

So please, don't assume anything about how long I've been around, don't call
me kiddo, don't question my properly trained skills in electronic service
and safety, don't ask me to " get over myself " and don't ask me to try to
be more civil. I have never been anything other than polite or civil to you
or any of the others.

Arfa