Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Learning to do texture stucco

"Apropos" wrote in message
. ..
Where can I learn how to apply texutred stucco? The kind which is common
in
FL and CA homes which is apparently created by smearing "blobs" of stucco
finish.

I tried a little of this and it didn't work out at all like I would hope.
The blobs all got smeared together and had very rough edges.

What I'd like to do is *SEE* what the blobs are supposed to look like.
How
big and how close together. To have some info on the consistency of the
mix
and what motion to do with the trowel. If I had *SOME* idea what this
looked like I could figure out how it would work.

Any websites you know would be of help. The more pics the better.

There's a reason plastering is considered an art. It takes quite a while
to get proficient at plastering and stucco is no different.
I build an adobe wall last summer but farmed out the stucco. I'm happy I
did. The guy let me watch and even gave the trowel, hawk, and darby to give
it a go. Let me just say, it'll take a lot more than a few feet for me to
get proficient and I'm pretty handy at most stuff. If the job is small
enough, hire it out and watch learn while they do it.
Cheers,
cc