Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Degener

Default GYYR Timelapse recorder FIXED (Funny)

I took off the bottom metal cover and noticed a pulley with no belt. I
looked all around and couldn't find the old one. I wondered if the old
stretched belt would work. I glanced over at the cover and grabbed what
i thought was the old belt. I got a finger full of reverted goo that
looked like a good belt. Got the stretched one and compared it to the
goo and viola. Installed and plays fine.

Bill Degener wrote:
GYYR Timelapse recorder problem

Play mode will not take up tape. Tape loads to head and continues
feeding tape into unit but not winding on the take-up side (or whatever
you call it). I replaced a stretched square belt on the take-up side,
still have same problem. My brain wants to tell me it's a mechanical
issue, but....... I want to ask before I put my mitts on it.

Thanks:

Bill