Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS

Default front load washers

On 21 Jun 2006 22:33:33 -0700, "USA1st"
wrote:
Jo Ann wrote:
I like this idea! Any suggestions (other than "read the box") as to
brand?

I just buy regular detergent, such as Tide powder. It is cheaper than
liquid and those with all the additives such as febreze. I use Downy
anyway, so who needs the extra stuff. I use less than half of what I
used to use for a load and the load is twice as big.

I do this as well (and I know Percival Cassidy disagrees with this
approach). I use less than half of the "small" load amount, which is
probably a tablespoon or so, of the dry powdered detergent. Works
great, no problems after 3 years with my Frigidaire Gallery front
loader (and the detergent of the month (oops, of the year!) is Arm &
Hammer, which succeeded Gain).