Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default AIR CONDITIONER CIRCUIT BREAKER

I thought rolling blackouts were a California thing? Now Dallas, too?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Dakota" wrote in message
news:894c93193331fcfed288aa65be1477e1@homerepairli ve.com...
Mike,
Thank you for your quick reply since we are melting...
Actually we did check the fan and all the inside workings of the air
conditioner and the water (condensation)from all the humid weather we
have, was overflowing the pan, hence hitting the wire and tripping the
breaker. We thought after cleaning out all of the gook that had
accumulated, all was fixed. It worked fine all evening,but tripped
again
this morning. We are going to replace the breaker today since it
seemed
loose, alot looser than all the others, plus the fact we are trying to
dry
out all the insides of the unit with just running the fan for the time
being. So, it seems you were right on the money with your answer, all
you
had said was correct. We have been having brown outs here in Fort
Worth &
Dallas, it seems it is the electricity's company way of avoiding a
total
blackout. They had been shutting down the electricity in different
parts
of the city for about 15 minutes at a time, without warning I might
add!
It has caused major problems with refrigerator condensors and such, I
will
not even go into the computer problems it has caused for many
businesses
and home users. But of course, they have a deaf ear to the little
man's
problems and continue on their course of action, justifying it with it
being for the greater good of all concerned. Yeah right! I will let
you
know if changing the breaker completes the process of the air staying
on
all the time and not tripping anymore. Thank you both who had
answered, it
did help alot and just knowing this forum is here for answers is a
great
relief....this house is old, so, I will probably be here for
awhile...LOL.
Dakota