Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default Knackered bathroom wall - suggestions for repair?

On 22 Jun 2006 11:37:33 -0700, "nonymouse"
wrote:

Plaster has cracked and lifted in places - having taken some plaster
off, the concrete behind has also come away and there is a strong smell
of damp - not good!

So, I thought either:

1. take off all of the plaster and concrete, re-screed and plaster
again
2. as above but instead of re-screeding and plastering, PVA and leave
bare bricks showing
3. as 1, but plasterboard then paint
4. something I've not yet thought of hence the post!!

Suggestions gratefully accepted from the fountain of knowledge as I am
not a builder by trade...

Bear

You are approaching it the wrong way. "Strong smell of damp". What
about curing this first?