Posted to alt.home.repair
yourname

Default Shopping for small angle grinder

I bought a milwaukee to replace a sears 'industrial' model that I also
liked. It works well and has the flapper trigger I like, without the
propensity for firing up when you set it down.

RichK wrote:
Hi All,

Found this tool indispensable recently - it belonged to a friend. Now I
want one too.

They come in 4" and 4-1/2" and vary in price from $20 to $100 for the DeWalt
D28402.

One thing I found is that most models show 5A as current, I take it is the
max current and represents either torque or HP. A couple of models like the
D28402 show 10A as max current. That would imply twice of something :-)

What do you like/dislike about an angle grinder? Is the DeWalt worth the
triple the price of some of the models. I do not go by the "you get, what
you pay for" = this is true for some things and only to some extent, but 3x
the price, makes me think.

Regards,

RichK