Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light

Default Well Pipe Broke - Fixing Options?

It sounds like you already know what's going to happen.

The power line shouldn't be a problem as long as they know it's there
(call miss utility!). There's absolutely no need to dig a straight
trench from your house to the well. Surely there's a way to go around
the tree - hopefully far away from the tree since that's probably what
broke the original pipe. They'll use flexible plastic pipe that can
turn corners. If they use a mini-excavator to dig then you'll only
lose a path of shrubs a couple of feet wide.

-rev

jmagerl wrote:
IT appears from the water flowing into my basement that the pipe leading
from my well to the house has broken (turn off the pump and the water
stops). I will be calling in a professional to fix. What are my options for
fixing it other than to dig up all my landscaping and hope they don't hit
the power line that crosses over the pipe.

Do they make a plastic pipe that can be snaked thru the original pipe? The
guy comes out tomorrow for a quote.

I also have a 100 ft Norway Spruce that would lose half of its roots if they
had to trench. (With my luck, it would than fall on the house in a later
wind storm)