Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris F.

Default Microwave Capacitor Value

I recently found a really nice microwave+convection oven in the trash, it
was less than 2 years old and looked like it was worth trying to fix.
Unfortunately, someone had stripped all the wiring and some of the HV
components - perhaps to keep someone else from getting any good of the unit.
But that never stopped me before, and I set to work rebuilding it with
components from other microwaves. A schematic on the inside cover greatly
helped, and now I have it going and it seems to work great. However, there's
one thing I want to make sure of. The HV cap had been removed, and the value
was not marked on the schematic. The magnetron is a 2M253K(JT), and the
specs on the back gave a power output of 900 watts and peak voltage of
4.2kV. Based on experience, I took a guess and installed a .89uF / 2100VAC
cap. It seems to work, but I want to be sure the value is correct - I don't
want the cap or magnetron to blow after a few minutes of operation. Think
this is close enough?

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address