Posted to rec.woodworking
zap

Default "Inkjet" painting

Gee Whiz - That sounds like you only need a stencil to lay on the board
then paint, or better yet spray paint. Move to the next board etc.

Make the stencil out of plastic of some kind and it could last almost
forever. Easy to line up to one edge.

Jack

Charles Mulks wrote:
I'm painting some pretty simple patterns (stripes & bars) on 2x6 planks,
but I'm doing a lot of them (planks, that is), and the masking tape/paint
brush routine is a real bootleneck.

Late last night (actually, about 2 am this morning), while waiting for
paint to dry, in an altered state-of-conciousness (sleep deprivation),
I found myself wishing I had a giant inkjet printer to speed things up.

Seems Simple Enough! - Right? I can' be the first person who ever had
this idea. But Google hasn't turned up anything enlightening - maybe
I'm not using the right keywords.

So - Anyone here ever heard of an inkjet technology (or something similar)
suitable for applying latex paint to wood?

TIA
Charlie Mulks