Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross

Default "Inkjet" painting

Charles Mulks wrote:
I'm painting some pretty simple patterns (stripes & bars) on 2x6 planks,
but I'm doing a lot of them (planks, that is), and the masking tape/paint
brush routine is a real bootleneck.

Late last night (actually, about 2 am this morning), while waiting for
paint to dry, in an altered state-of-conciousness (sleep deprivation),
I found myself wishing I had a giant inkjet printer to speed things up.

Seems Simple Enough! - Right? I can' be the first person who ever had
this idea. But Google hasn't turned up anything enlightening - maybe
I'm not using the right keywords.

So - Anyone here ever heard of an inkjet technology (or something similar)
suitable for applying latex paint to wood?

TIA
Charlie Mulks

An inkjet is a tiny spray gun.

--