Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis

Default Buffing Polyurethane

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:56:07 GMT, "Jock"
wrote:

hey,
I am doing a shelf in Cypress Pine, I want a nice (really) nice smooth
finish. With a lambswool pad on the random orbital sander, do I need
anything as a buffing agent?? I have never gone for this level of finish
before and would appreciate a word on the best ay to achieve something other
than disaster.
thanks,
Jock

Confusing point here... have you put poly on it already??

If not, I'd sand it to 600 or so and then go over it with a polisher like ultra
sheen or something... that brings it up to maybe 2400 grit...
Then buff the heck out of it, with a good 3 wheel system like the Beall, if
possible.. YMWV
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis