Posted to rec.woodworking
Tex

Default Ripping narrow pieces from wide stock

In article ,
says...

"Stephen M" wrote in message

I am not, however, a big fan of roller stands. I prefer a saw horse with a
waxed top.

That'll work.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. They don't have to be "rollers" ...
the ball bearing type "roller stands" move in any axis (particularly the
commercial ones with multiple rows of ball bearings) making it easy to guide
in any direction with no pull ... a much better choice for a table saw if
you have the room and the need.

I have roller stands but I've had problems from time-to-time using them
on the outfeed side as the board or panel would hit the roller top and
push the roller over rather than go over the top and be supported. I
do, however, use them for infeed support on big panels.

I know this is not a solution for everyone, but I recently installed one
of the HTC outfeed roller units on my PM66. Man, do I ever love it!