Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale

Default Ripping narrow pieces from wide stock

"Swingman" wrote in message

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. They don't have to be "rollers"

the ball bearing type "roller stands" move in any axis (particularly the
commercial ones with multiple rows of ball bearings) making it easy to

guide
in any direction with no pull ... a much better choice for a table saw if
you have the room and the need.

When I first experienced some bias with the single roller stand I bought, I
looked at a bias free roller stand on Lee Valley Tools' website. I then went
out and bought some cheap wheeled casters, screwed them down to a piece of
2x4 and mounted that onto the roller stand. It's a little top heavy, but it
works fine without any bias whatsoever.

I have considered the ball bearing type, but I do have a question about
them. I saw mention once that the relatively small surface contact they use
can cause indentations in stuff like veneered plywood. Have you ever
experience anything like this?