Stuart Wheaton

Default Pearl Harbor

Gunner wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:09:33 -0500, Stuart Wheaton
wrote:

They weren't anywhere where they posed an immediate threat. Nobody used
one, not the fedyin, not the republican guards, they didn't have them on
the front lines to be found when we over-ran their positions, none were
released as we shelled them, no resistance fighter has had any access to
them, Uday and Qusay didn't have any.

This was on CBS News last night, with an interview by al-Dabbagh

Al-Dabbagh said cases containing chemical or biological warheads were
delivered to front-line units, including his own, in late 2002, the
paper reported. He said they were designed to be launched by hand-held
rocket-propelled grenades, and did not know what exactly the warheads
contained.

Snip

“Forget 45 minutes, we could have fired these within half an hour,”
al-Dabbagh added. He said the weapons were not used because most of
the Iraqi army did not want to fight for Saddam.

Yes, they didn't want to fight for Saddam, but it seems nobody wanted to
ingratiate themselves with the invaders by saying "Here, see what I
have, here's those nasty chemical weapons you are looking for!!!" And
not one person in all those front line units was fanatical enough to use
one? And nobody has found any of these weapons that were dispersed into
the forward areas...To me this exceeds believability. A former Iraqi
commander, probably a Baathist, no physical evidence, making incredible
statements not supported by logic. Why should I trust him?

If you bought this line of BS I can't say that your reasoning skills
impress me. Can't you see the holes in this story? If you were the
interviewer are there other questions you would have asked? And the big
question still remains, where are the weapons?