Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Electrical flash behind light switch plate

It is normal. All standard wall switches under load will cause an arc when
making and breaking. In most cases it's small and not noticeable. If its
hissing , crackling,or sparks coming out of the switch body, then change the
switch

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wondering if this is normal. I can see flashes of light sometimes
when I flick on various light switches around the house. It's
intermitent but most noticeable at night when there is little light in
the room. I am nervous this is going to start a fire. Spoke with the
developer they said it's normal. Any thoughts?