Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Electrical flash behind light switch plate

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am wondering if this is normal. I can see flashes of light sometimes
when I flick on various light switches around the house. It's
intermitent but most noticeable at night when there is little light in
the room. I am nervous this is going to start a fire. Spoke with the
developer they said it's normal. Any thoughts?

This has to be a troll. Even the worst arc wouldn't be visible with a
switchplate in place.

But just in case it isn't; no, a significant arc when using a switch isn't
normal. It will eventually cause damage or fire.