Posted to misc.consumers.house
Jeanne

Default front load washers

wrote:
The washing machine here is still working after 10 years, but when it
breaks, I will not be forking over cash for another one. I will do
without.

You may want to try this for a month or two. One immigrant from China
(well, sort of, he was the son of an American missionary born and raised
in China) said that the best thing about moving to the US was not
handwashing clothes.

I've done the washboard thing (spent a year in, yep, China) and all I
had to wash were my own clothes (no towels, no bed linen, etc) and
discovered that man was right. Washing one pair of jeans by washboard
wasn't too much fun. Neither was rinsing and wringing.

Todd H. wrote:

writes:

I wouldn't waste my money on a washer. If the old one you have is not
working use a bath tub and use cold power detergent and soak clothes
overnight. Also try wearing clothes for 2 days instead of one, will cut
your washing in half.

How's that workin out for ya?

--
Todd H.