Gunner

Default Harbor Freight tool grinder?

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 08:44:32 -0800, Checkmate
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:16:47 -0600, Richard J Kinch put forth the notion
that...

Joel Corwith writes:

1/2 hp 6" tool and carbide grinder 46727 on sale for $129.99?

I've had one of these for a few months. It does a fine job sharpening
carbide bits. Runs quiet and true. A great bargain at the price. It
needs several jigs (not included, I made some myself) to hold the bits
properly, depending on what you want to do. And a diamond dresser.

The water drizzler cup is a joke. I suppose you could fix it up to work,
but then you're slinging water all over the room. I use my mist cooler on
a heavy flow.

I have yet to try a diamond wheel in this thing, but I think that would
upgrade it to something quite nice.

My only complaint with it is the miter table slide attachment. It's got
a stud pressed and swagged from the back side, with a wingnut to adjust
the angle. If you tighten the wingnut enough to hold the angle, the
stud starts pulling out of the hole. I haven't figured out how to fix
that yet, because the part that the stud is pressed into is too thin to
support any other method of mounting a stud that I can think of.

Silver solder or a fast braze or a dollop of weld and a bit of stone
work. I had to make my own as my Baldor was missing them when I got
it, and simply silver soldered the studs in after making them from cap
screws with the heads turned off.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound
woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil?
Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence,
they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest
animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that,
and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make
it work.
- L. Neil Smith