Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Hanging sheetrock - horizontal or vertical

RayV wrote:

Check with your pro first. Drywall finishers sometimes charge more to
do only mudwork than they would if they hung the sheets and did the
mudwork. Reason being that they will probably have more mudwork to do
than if they hung it.

Good advice. When I was building my cabin I was going to hang the
sheetrock myself and hire a finisher to complete the job. When I
talked to the finisher I found out that he could do the entire job
cheaper than what I was going to pay for the sheetrock. They buy in
bulk at cheaper prices plus have leftover material from other jobs. So
the material was much less than what I would have paid, plus he let a
finisher in need of extra cash do it in his off time at a savings to me
also.

Bob