Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino

Default Refrigerator relay pinout

Edu ha escrito:

Ok, thanks for your time. Now I think I understand everything!
So, I have to wire the white box (relay) between run and start, and
apply 220v to common and run, placing in series the overload protection
(black box).

As the overload protection has 3 pins, I assume pins 1 & 2 are the
"in/out" pins, and the 3rd pin, which is a thinner faston, is for some
add-on line start or run capacitor. The original relay didn't have any
capacitor, so maybe I can left pin 3 unconnected.

Am I right??? I can see the light at the end...:-)

Thanks a lot!

Regards.
Eduardo.

The overload protection has only TWO contacts. The center screw is for
adjusting the overload protector at factory, its NOT a connection pin
to anything.

Remember that the PTC relay should be plugged directly to the
compressor. In one of the sides of the relay, there should be three
holes. Align these holes with the three compressor pins, and plug the
PTC relay there.

This is a schematic from a refrigeration compressor. In the page two
you will find a wiring diagram:

http://de.refrignet.danfoss.com/Tech...1_Cd42s402.pdf