Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Neil

Default HP Agilent 8590A RF attenuator fault

I've got an Agilent Analyser which appears to have developed a fault with
the 10dB attenuator resistor or relay contact (poss. sticky relay?) which is
hampering operation of the unit when front-end attenuation is needed to pad
the level down on an incoming signal. It also affects the unit's RF level
self-cal so I've not been able to auto-calibrate it for a period of time.

I suspect either a resistor has gone o/c, has a dry joint or the relay has a
sticky contact. Has anyone experience of this and does someone have a copy
of the unit's service manual for schematic references etc? It shouldn't take
long to sort but wouldn't mind a .PDF of the manual to hand for this and
further problems I might encounter in the future.

Cheers

Neil.