Posted to rec.woodworking
Shopdog

Default Found a great stain today....

This week ended up being the week that I had to re-assemble my sons
cedar playset, it's een sitting in the backyard since we moved in back in
Nov. well needless to say SWMBO decided it should be pressure washed , then
of course this led to " looks kind of washed out now". So, back to Lowes I
go looking for "just the right shade" of stain. The associate led us to the
Cabot, wheew 30 bucks a gal. for a playset? well ok I took the samples home
and held them up, (I'm thinking Thompsons water seal 15 bucks!!!, with
plenty left over for other projects", well when she saw the Austrailian
Timber oil in mahogany flame next to the "washed out cedar" thats all it
took. Had to have THAT stain. Back to Lowes, Took about 3 hours to complete
the whole set, but let me say that this stain is BEAUTIFUL, great cover and
bright color. The playset looks brand new and I think much better then
original stain, although very close in shade.Now, I'm looking at that
"washed out" deck of mine. Maybe a light Austrailian timber is in the works.

Searcher