Gunner

Default Pearl Harbor

On 8 Dec 2003 07:14:34 -0800, (Beecrofter) wrote:

Gunner wrote in message . ..

Then when we tighten up security and make sure it doesnt happen
again..the actions are demonized as violations of the Constitution and
Civil Rights..witness Patriot Act, Gitmo etc etc.

I wish you folks would come up with a counter proposal to ensure the
security of the US, all the while taking money from the HUMINT side of
the equation, and solutions that do not violate (allegedly) someones
rights.

If you dont have any solutions..then you are part of the problem.

I think that you need a broader view, we could have more security as a
totalitarian nation. It worked for years for other dictators and
despots but we have a constitution which our leaders are sworn to
defend as the basis for our society.
Their oath makes the point of defending our constitution from enemies
foriegn and domestic. I am of the belief that the patriot act and John
Ashcroft are both threats to our way of life and the constitution.
Not to worry, it really isn't in our economic interest to have peace
in the world as we are the largest arms merchant. We manage to sell
more arms in the world marketplace than Russia, China, Great Britain ,
France, and Germany added together. Our leaders won't suffer as the
death and dying and destruction will be mostly among the masses while
they grow profits and power.
If your only solution is the end of our constitution and a shift
towarrds totalitarianism then I have to choose between staying in the
battle or an exit visa.
Your solutions are the problem.

Im still waiting for suggestions. Your commentary is noted and
disregarded.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound
woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil?
Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence,
they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest
animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that,
and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make
it work.
- L. Neil Smith