Richard J Kinch

Default Harbor Freight tool grinder?

Checkmate writes:

My only complaint with it is the miter table slide attachment. It's got
a stud pressed and swagged from the back side, with a wingnut to adjust
the angle. If you tighten the wingnut enough to hold the angle, the
stud starts pulling out of the hole. I haven't figured out how to fix
that yet, because the part that the stud is pressed into is too thin to
support any other method of mounting a stud that I can think of.

Yeah, the slide is hardly more than a toy, and doesn't seem to adjust to
the angles you need. A little time with some scraps of aluminum and HDPE
or UHMW plastic should create something much better. The rest of the unit
is worth it.