Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Hard water in condo

wrote in message
ups.com...
I just moved into new condo in Chicago and was amazed at the hardness
of the water. I have lived in Chicago for 6 years now and this water
is terribly worse. Not sure why that is.

Regardless, I have found the calcium is quite high which I read is the
cause of hard water. Does anyone know of a good shower filter that
removes calcium?

Filters don't work on calcium. You need a softener. Any reputable water
treatment company can help you with the right system for you. They will test
the water and make recommendations.

I don't know about Chicago, but in our town there are a couple of sources of
water. Depending on where you live, it is either very good or very nasty.