Posted to alt.home.repair
badgolferman

Default Why so many "my neighbor sucks" posts lately?

zxcvbob, 6/20/2006,7:26:37 PM, wrote:

...and not just here; they're showing up in the garden groups too.

Best regards,
Bob

As a starter of one of those threads I would like to opine on this also.

It seems we have lost our abilities to communicate with each other
these days. Americans spend more time watching TV, playing computer
games, surfing the Internet for smut, talking on cell phones, posting
to Usenet, installing privacy fences, and basically putting some sort
of device in between direct contact with other individuals. When faced
with the position of actually having to make direct contact in
resolving differences we become tongue-tied or frustrated at our
inability to either make ourselves understood or manipulate the other
person into what we want them to be. In other words, we have lost our
ability to socialize with others and that has made our worlds so much
smaller. We tend to react to others stepping on our toes way too
quickly rather than dealing with it in a thoughtful, mature way.