Posted to rec.woodworking
william kossack

Default Can you buy 1/2" boards or do I need a bandsaw?

your obviously trying to get permission from strangers to buy a new
large expensive power tool!-)

My strategy has always been
1) learn to make do with what you have for the one off job
2) if you have to buy, buy the best you can afford. if you can't then
follow number 1
3) always tell your wife or SWMBO that your making it for her. if she
doesn't agree then follow number 1. I always let my wife claim as much
of what I make as she wants unless I have a buyer before she claims it.
I could make furniture but don't as a result.

wrote:
In article ,
at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote:
...snipped...

So ... the loaded question ... can I buy this stuff, or do I need to buy
a good bandsaw and a good planer to cut these from larger boards?

Jack

yes