adder

Default Tiling Guides -any recommendations ?

Ian Murray wrote in message . ..
Dear All,

We're having a small shower room completely renovated. Basically starting
again from scratch.

I'm thinking about having a go at the tiling myself, all the walls and the
floor, (especially after seeing what the local tilers want per meter). I've
had a go before at replacing damaged areas and doing little bits here and
there but this is the first time that I'll be taking on what is a major
tiling project (for me anyway). The tiling is going to be done before any of
the fittings are put in place (except for the shower tray - quadrant type)
so I'll have a 'blank canvas' so to speak.

It makes things easy if you've got flat walls and floor, and tiles all
of the same thickness - otherwise getting the tiles level can be
difficult. You can use a block of wood or spirit level to help you
rather than just do it by eye.

Buy a diamond wheel tile cutter for around 30 quid from B&Q or
wherever - much easier than fiddling around with anything else.

The general technique etc is described in almost every diy book, on a
lot of websites and in leaflets in diy stores.