Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H.

Default front load washers

"terry cooper" writes:

Thinking of purchasing a new front load washer. Which one would you buy and
why? Thanks Terry

I got a Kenmore HE2 4646 (similar to 4647) because it was rated a
Consumer Reports Best Buy in the front load category, and was above
average on all categories except water consumption where it scored
average. Very sturdily constructed, and is quite a treat to watch
operate the first few times. Seriously--you may find yourself pulling
up a chair.

It's very quiet, washes quite well, and washes a ****load of stuff.
I've only had it a few months, so I can't speak to its durability, but
it certainly had far beefier hinges and look than some of the
competing frontloaders.

You will need to use HE detergent--it was the only surprise I had in
my initiation into fron loader land. Enjoy!

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/