Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K

Default Trench digging suggestions

wrote:
BTW I get plenty of exercise already & the kids ain't old enough to
help out w/o getting in the way... so I was hoping to avoid an 'extra
workout' ...lol...

thanks for the suggestions

The "use a shovel" guys are right. That is a job that will best be
done that way. Any power trencher is just going to want to go too deep
and be difficult to handle at shallow depths. Seriously, if the soil
is not rocky, with two working it isn't more than an hour or two of
easy work.

Do use tarps to pile your dirt on and pile the sods separately. Sods
mixed into excavated dirt will make a saint cuss when it comes time to
backfill.

Harry K