Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Whole House fan

wrote:
I have a 1700 sq. foot house without A/C, I installed (2)whirly-bird
ventilators last year, I counted 12 -- 4 X16 soffit vents. My house
has many ceiling fans but it does warm up in the afternoon if the
outside temp. reaches 80F and above, my attic temp. reaches about
110-120F on those warm/hot days. Would a power attic fan (roof
mounted) be better or a whole house fan work with my current vents??
Home is in Southern California, warm 80F-90F days and 65-75F
nights.... Thanks.

I would say you are doing well. I would not go to a power roof fan.
If you like and you are not using central air, I would consider a whole
house fan mounting in the ceiling into the attic. It not only will help
reduce the temperature in the attic, but it will bring fresh (hopefully
cooler) air into your home.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit