Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Laminate flooring install

I sure hope you have read the installation instructions. Sounds like you
are winging it. You need a moisture barrier and there are other issues...

"Texas Yankee" wrote in message
Preparing to install laminate flooring in my bedroom this weekend, I
lifted up some of the carpet to see how close to the concrete slab floor
the bottom of the moulding is, and the bottom of the moulding is almost
right down to the slab - I was hoping to have enough clearance under the
bottom of the moulding to slide the laminate under the moulding and avoid
having to remove and then reinstall the moulding. Being lazy and liking
shortcuts, I gotta ask - after I get the carpet, padding, and tackstrips
up, what'd be wrong with leaving the existing moulding where it is (it
looks fine and there's a really nice caulk job between the top of the
moulding and the sheetrock wall) and just using a piece of quarter round
moulding attached to the existing moulding to cover the expansion gap
between the laminate and the moulding?

What's the "best" choice on the correct color for the quarter round -
white to match the wall, or a stain that approximates the flooring?

Thanks!