Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Gas Tanks...

wrote:

We bought a new house last year and there were two large gas tanks that
were full of propane for a gas fireplace that came with the house.
This morning a gas company came onto our property without our
permission and took the tanks away. They were at least half full of
$300+ in propane. As far as I knew these tanks were owned by the
previous homeowners and were ours.

Does this gas company (in Virginia) have any right to:

A) Come onto my property (inside by FENCED BACKYARD) without my
permission.
B) Take half full tanks without contacting me.

??????

Did the gas company contact you in ANY way about those tanks and their
contents before they made off with them? (Come clean now. G)

If they didn't, I'd think you've certainly got a right to bitch and get
them to prove they owned the contents, and if they couldn't, pay you for
that gas.

Didja try and contact the previous owners and ask them if THEY paid for
the last delivery before they sold the place to you?

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)