Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Edu

Default Refrigerator relay pinout

Please, I need help on this. Have you ever seen a relay like this? Who
can tell me the pinout for this???

Thanks
Edu

Hello.

I am trying to start a refrigerator compressor with a burnt relay, with
a new one, but the one I bought is a generic relay, and the pinout is
not the same as the original one.

The new one is this:

http://ww1.pureupload.com/public/pvi...5/IMG_0011.JPG

As you can see, the are two boxes. The white one has an overload
protector inside. The are two "real" pins. The black box (relay) has 3
pins, and pin 1 comes tied to a spare hole in the overload protector, I
think that expecting me to wire it to a real pin.

I don't know how to feed it. I tried powering one of the pins in the
protector with 220v, the other pin of the protector to pin 1 of relay,
and then pins 2 & 3 of the relay to run & start in the compressor, but
the compressor start winding burnt. I have another compressor the test,
but no more...

Any help would be appreciatted.

Thanks in advance!
Eduardo