Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default edge gluing veneers

"eclipsme" wrote in message
I have 4 pieces of walnut, a bit over 1/8" thick, and about 5" wide and
18" long.

What is the best way of edge gluing these together?

I have tried clamping, (and taping) but can not see how to keep all the
pieces level with each other. To make matters worse, the pieces are
perhaps +- 1/16" of each other in thickness. I don't have a drum sander,
so was hoping to glue them so one face is in a plane, and to sand/scrape
the other face smooth.

Any ideas?

To be successful they really need to be the same thickness, as clamping
works much better if they are. Also you don't need to use a whole lot of
clamping pressure ... easy does it.

Much as the other poster said, use bricks to keep thin parts flat when
clamping. Not a bad idea to keep a bunch of bricks in the shop, covered with
duct tape, as they come in handy on many glue-ups.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06