Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Gas Tanks...

wrote:
We bought a new house last year and there were two large gas tanks that
were full of propane for a gas fireplace that came with the house.
This morning a gas company came onto our property without our
permission and took the tanks away. They were at least half full of
$300+ in propane. As far as I knew these tanks were owned by the
previous homeowners and were ours.

Does this gas company (in Virginia) have any right to:

A) Come onto my property (inside by FENCED BACKYARD) without my
permission.
B) Take half full tanks without contacting me.

??????

The tanks were very likely theirs. However the gas in them was paid
for by the previous owner and therefore yours when you purchased the
house. Tell them you want reimbursement for the gas in the tanks.