Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Gavin

Default Gas Tanks...

wrote in message
oups.com...
We bought a new house last year and there were two large gas tanks that
were full of propane for a gas fireplace that came with the house.
This morning a gas company came onto our property without our
permission and took the tanks away. They were at least half full of
$300+ in propane. As far as I knew these tanks were owned by the
previous homeowners and were ours.

Does this gas company (in Virginia) have any right to:

A) Come onto my property (inside by FENCED BACKYARD) without my
permission.
B) Take half full tanks without contacting me.

Just call them up and tell them you think you own the tanks and contents. If
they made a mistake that will probably fix it without having to go to any
further bother.

If you call the police, they'll probably ask you to call the propane company
and see if it was just a mistake before filing a theft complaint.