Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Speaking of composting....

Regarding the ivy, until I bought this house, I thought I was an ivy
fan (or at least, I didn't know any differently). A previous owner
apparently got tired of working with a large flower bed next to the
house and over-planted the whole thing with ivy. Now it completely
covers the flower bed and the brick edging, makes every effort to cover
the adjacent sidewalk and the entire side of the house, trails up the
side steps, comes up through the porch floor, wraps around the porch
rails...it's everywhere. I don't know if it's English ivy or what, but
I do know there's entirely too much of it around my house. So, if I
shouldn't throw what I cut back on the compost pile, what does it take?
Dissect and bury? Flame thrower? Stake through the heart?

Jo Ann

Bob wrote:
wrote in message ups.com...
buy a wood chipper, it speeds composting termendously

My compost is 95% lawn clippings - already ground up.

Bob