Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default brand new petrol mower rapidly cuts out

"Carpii" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi., I just bought a brand new petrol mower this weekend. I measured
and filled the oil and petrol correctly. Its a 4 stroke engine

It starts without too much difficulty (though not as easy as Id
expected).
After mowing for maybe 30 seconds, the motor rapidly fades and then
stops.
At this point the starting cord is very tough to pull, and I generally
have to leave it for a while before I can start it as easily as before.

Im not sure what Im doing wrong or why its cutting out. Someone
suggested Id put in too much oil, but I followed the instructions and
dont see any smoke indicative of oil burning off

Its my first petrol mower so Im a bit unsure what else could be wrong.
Any advice appreciated

Daft assumption I know, but you ARE keeping hold of the 'Dead Mans Handle'
aren't you?

HTH

John