Posted to alt.home.repair
mrsgator88

Default dryer repair

"RichK" wrote in message
news

wrote in message

You will need to drill out the existing rivets, install cork pad that
comes in kit, then the glide, then new rivets on each end. You will
need two kits, and no, you can't subsitute anything else for the
correct part.

Do all dryers have support glides? Mine (Kenmore) has a bit of a wobble,
but I do not find any guides. The dryer is as in the picture below.

http://www.applianceaid.com/images/inglisfronttilt.JPG

Seems to be suspended in the front on a felt seal, which is thicker on top
and thinner on bottom (two part). The felt seems intact and at least 1/4
inch thick (top part). Drum in my case seems to wobble front-rear, when I
watch it turning with door open.

Any hints?

Regards,

RichK

Maybe the rollers? I just had to fix mine...