Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

Default 20 year old Sony KV-25XBR

Start by replaceing the degaussing thermosistor.

I am sure that because of the age of the set, there must be many
capacitors that have become high in ESR. The CRT is most likely going
soft.

It is coming time to let the set bite the dust, and start shopping for
a new one. TV has changed a lot since that set was made.

Jerry G.
======

Armand wrote:
Hello all. I have a 20 year old set that was killer in it's day. Heck, it cost
me
a grand that long ago.

The problem that developed today is that the picture is well, shimmering
would be the best description. It affects the geometry and the color and both
kind of waver.

The question is whether or not it's worth repairing or to trash it. If I can fi
nd a
schematic, a friend of mine is pretty good at fixing TV's, if he has the time.
Any idea in general, what went south on this TV? Yesterday it still had a great
picture. Thanks!