Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RP

Default 20 year old Sony KV-25XBR

Sounds like a simple degaussing coil thermister, I replace mine on my
KV2786R twice already.
It the little black box (not the relay) where the AC cord meets the main
board......has 3 pins.costs $2

Waving a soldering gun **NOT AN IRON (wile pulling the trigger) or tape head
de-magnetizer around the edges of the screen will temporarily "comb" it out
if the case "confirm"

"Jim Land" wrote in message Hello
all. I have a 20 year old set that was killer in it's day.
Heck, it cost
me
a grand that long ago.

The problem that developed today is that the picture is well,
shimmering would be the best description. It affects the geometry and
the color and both kind of waver.

The question is whether or not it's worth repairing or to trash it.
If I can fi nd a
schematic, a friend of mine is pretty good at fixing TV's, if he has
the time. Any idea in general, what went south on this TV? Yesterday
it still had a great picture. Thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6059&category=
41519

http://fileshare.eshop.bg/chassis2mo..._model=KV25XBR