Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes

Default Hozelock type hose repair connector with 3/4" BSP threads?

In uk.d-i-y, Roger Mills wrote:
Nigel Molesworth wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:16:23 +0100, Nigel Molesworth wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get a number of Hozelock type male
push-fit to compression hose connectors?

OK, no luck.

How about a hose repair connector that has 3/4" BSP threads? Hozelock
hosepipe connectors are slightly larger and finer.

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve. Do you want a piece of flexible
garden hose with a male connector (the sort with an O-ring) on the end
rather than the usual female. If so, I'm sure you can get male connectors,
but they're not as common as female connectors.

AFAICS that's what he wants. One of these (which I find perfectly
satisfactory)...

http://www.cmsgardens.co.uk/images/ck7904.jpg

.... but for some unknown reason it has to be plastic.

My best offer would be a male-male adapter like this...

http://www.cmsgardens.co.uk/images/hozelock/2291t.jpg

.... with one end stuffed into the hose (it fits surprisingly well)
secured with a nylon cable tie.

--
Mike Barnes