Posted to rec.woodworking
Wilson

Default What is Max Width for a Rail & Stile cabinet Door

I often use two doors with nothing between them. Once I got them too narrow
and added a walnut "accent" to one of them. When I've made them wide, I've
used a center stile that sits between the rails. It's easy to do, looks
good, and lets me avoid the trouble of gluing up a wide panel.
Wilson
"bf" wrote in message
ups.com...

BD wrote:
Just wondering what is the max width a person should make a rail and
Stile type Cabinet door. I am building some and have some openings 22
5/8" to 21" wide. I was hoping to get away with one door instead of 2.
Is this a good idea or should I make 2 door to fit in these openings?

Sure, you can do it. As the other poster said, it's primarily a "looks"
issue.