Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default 13" cast iron Delta planer?

"andy" wrote in message
oups.com...

Toller wrote:
There is an ad in the paper for a 13" cast iron delta planer.
I guess that is from before my time, as I haven't seen anything like
that.

Assuming it is in good condition, is it superior to a lunchbox planer?
My
12" Makita works okay, but it just feels so tinny; would this Delta be an
upgrade? I don't have room or budget for a 15".

Try a search for "Rockwell RC-33" or "Delta RC-33" I have one and it
is a beast. It weighs around 400 pounds and has a 2hp Baldor Motor.
It is very similar to the current Delta 15" planer (except it is 2"
narrower).

400 pounds?! Sounds like a bargain at $250, but too much for me. Thanks.